Meagan K. Moodie is a prominent family law attorney and founding partner of Gebhardt Emerson Moodie Bonanno, LLC (“GEM Family Law”). She is licensed in Colorado, offering her clients practical and effective representation during complicated legal matters. Meagan focuses her practice on family law as an Attorney, Mediator, Child & Family Investigator, and Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker.
Meagan handles a wide range of family law cases, from divorces and post decree modifications, to protection orders and collaborative divorces. She specializes in difficult cases such as those involving domestic violence, addiction, mental health, and relocation out of state. As a partner attorney with Project Safeguard, Meagan is particularly well versed in obtaining and defending Civil Protection Orders. Meagan deliberately takes on these challenging matters in hopes of helping parties come to a resolution that would otherwise be unlikely.
Meagan brings a practical and personal understanding to her family practice. She’s had extensive training to become a certified Child & Family Investigator, a certified Mediator, and a Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker. Meagan has also had significant training in the issues surrounding domestic violence, child abuse, and trauma survivors. Meagan’s previous work experiences include the family division of Colorado Legal Services, in the family division of the Saint Louis University Legal Clinic, as a clerk in the Denver District Court, and at her solo law practice, The Moodie Law Firm. She has successfully tried dozens of cases in many Colorado courtrooms.
Meagan is a Colorado native who was born and raised in Denver. She graduated from Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colorado and completed her undergraduate studies at Regis University in Denver. In 2012, Meagan graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law, passed the Colorado Bar, and soon moved back to her hometown. She now lives in Denver with her husband, their son, and their rescued German Shorthaired Pointers (Bentley & Bailee). Meagan spends her free time camping, hiking, gardening, traveling, cooking, and cheering for the Colorado Avalanche & Denver Broncos!
Meagan is on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, and belongs to the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Women’s Owned Law Firm (WOLF) organization, the Family Law Section of the CBA, the Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, the Junior League of Denver, and the board of Family Tree, Inc. She is a partner attorney with Project Safeguard, a Metro Volunteer Lawyer, a volunteer for LAWLINE 9 and “Legal Night” and is involved with the modern law practice initiative of the Colorado Bar Association. She is committed to helping both her clients and the community through her involvement in many Denver Metro organizations.
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Regis University, 2008
LEGAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker (PCDM)
- Trained and Certified Child & Family Investigator
- Accredited and Experienced Mediator
- Collaboratively Trained Attorney with Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- The Best Lawyers In America© 2023, Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America® – Ones to Watch, 2021
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2018 – 2022
- U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America – Tier 1 Best Law Firm in the field of Family Law, Tier 1 Best Law Firm in the field of Family Law, U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America
- Top 100 Women Owned Businesses In Colorado, Top 100 Women Owned Businesses In Colorado, Colorado Biz Magazine
- 10.0 AVVO rating
AUTHORSHIP & PRESENTATIONS
- Colorado Divorce and the Treatment of Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Awards, Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s Trial Talk, Oct-Nov 2017
- 2020 Colorado Family Law Institute, Presenter, ICE Age—When Either Party is a Non-citizen: The Intersection of Family Law and Immigration Law, 2020
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors, Co-Chair on the Public Policy Committee
- Project Safeguard, Partner Attorney
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, Member
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
- Colorado Bar Association, Modern Law Practice Initiative
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Judicial Institute
- Junior League of Denver
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem