Lindsey is an Associate Attorney at GEM, practicing in all areas of family law. She graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she was an award-winning member of the National Trial Team. Lindsey won two National Competitions and was named Best Overall Advocate and Best Closing Argument. Lindsey brings these outstanding courtroom skills to her work at the Firm, where she combines her legal abilities with her passion for assisting families.
Lindsey’s commitment to families going through difficult transitions started at a young age, when her parents began fostering numerous children and ultimately adopted two children. Through this unique experience, Lindsey obtained an intimate understanding of the dependency and neglect system and the impacts of domestic violence and substance use on children. Lindsey is committed to, not only protecting children, but also to crafting creative solutions to heal families.
Lindsey’s Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, socio-legal studies, and philosophy from the University of Denver additionally provides her important insight into the mental health issues often involved in family law matters, as well as how to work with clients compassionately to obtain their goals.
During law school, Lindsey was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Judge Vahle and the Honorable Judge Leutwyler in the 18th Judicial District. These positions gave her valuable insight into how judges think and decide cases. Lindsey also honed her research and writing skills while working in appeals for both the 18th Judicial District Attorney’s Office and the Colorado Attorney General. She graduated with a Certificate in Constitutional Rights and Remedies.
Lindsey is a Colorado native, born and raised in Colorado Springs, and enjoys serving her community. She began her legal clerkship at GEM in 2021 and has worked with the Firm since that time. During her clerkship, Lindsey assisted on numerous Child and Family Investigator matters, which provided her with the important perspective as to how the neutral third-party investigator views parenting disputes. Lindsey brings this experience to her clients to assist them in navigating through this difficult and often stressful process.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. (Order of the Coif)
- Certificate in Constitutional Rights and Remedies
- Certificate in Legal Research
- Certificate in Advanced Legal Research
- University of Denver, B.A. Psychology, Socio-Legal Studies, and Philosophy (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
Honors & Distinctions:
- Order of the Coif, Denver Sturm College of Law
- First Place at In Vino Veritas Mock Trial Competition, Fall 2020 and Fall 2021
- Best Closing Argument, Overall, In Vino Veritas Mock Trial Competition, Fall 2021
- Best Closing Argument, Preliminary Rounds, In Vino Veritas Mock Trial Competition, Fall 2021
- Best Overall Advocate, In Vino Veritas Mock Trial Competition, Fall 2021
- Second Place at American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition, Spring 2022
- Colorado Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee