Gebhardt Emerson Moodie Bonanno, LLC - Contact Us Today

Alternative Dispute Resolution


At Gebhardt, Emerson, Moodie & Bonanno, LLC. Family Law we believe that families are best serve by pursuing resolution outside of court first.  While we recognize that it is not always possible to avoid appearing before a judge, we are experienced in alternative methods of resolving your case outside of a courtroom.


Each of our attorneys offers mediation to people who represent themselves.  When you appear before a judge, you are asking a judge, who has limited experience with your family, to make decisions that will impact the rest of your family members’ lives.  In mediation, we work with you to problem solve and work towards finding solutions that enable you to move forward, feeling that you have some control of the outcome of your case.


For those cases that may be more complex, either because your assets, your children, or if you simply wish to feel that your potentially contentious case was handled with dignity, collaborative law is a method of alternative dispute resolution that may be the right fit for you.  Collaborative law is an alternative format of resolving your cases, in which each party is represented by an attorney, but they commit to resolving the case outside of court.  It is a goal-oriented method of practice and requires both clients and attorneys to focus on resolution that meets the needs of each member of your family, rather than to focus on positions and “ best case scenario”  outcomes, like you would in court.


Often times, after you have been through the court process once, you will find that the process does not lend itself to resolve issues expediently.  In cases where there is a high likelihood of future conflict, our partners can help you by acting as a parenting coordinator and/or decision-maker for your family.  Appointing a decision-maker enables parties to resolve disputes quickly and with the certainty that the decision-maker is a seasoned family law attorney, rather than a judge who may have no or limited history with your family or with the area of family law in general.