Meagan Moodie is a licensed attorney in Colorado, offering her clients practical and effective representation during complicated legal matters. Meagan focuses her practice on family law as an attorney, mediator, and Child & Family Investigator.
Meagan handles a wide range of family law cases, from divorces and dependency & neglect cases, to marital agreements and adoptions. She specializes in high conflict cases such as those involving domestic violence or relocation out of state. As a partner attorney with Project Safeguard, Meagan is particularly well versed in obtaining and defending Civil Protection Orders. Meagan deliberately takes on these challenging matters in hopes of helping parties come to a resolution that would otherwise be unlikely.
Meagan brings a practical and personal understanding to her family practice. She’s had extensive training to become a certified Child & Family Investigator and a certified Mediator. Meagan has also had significant training in the issues surrounding domestic violence, child abuse, and trauma survivors. Meagan’s previous work experiences include the family division of Colorado Legal Services, in the family division of the Saint Louis University Legal Clinic, as a clerk in the Denver District Court, and at her solo law practice, The Moodie Law Firm. She has successfully tried dozens of cases in many Colorado courtrooms.
Meagan is a Colorado native who was born and raised in Denver. She graduated from Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colorado and completed her undergraduate studies at Regis University in North Denver. In 2012, Meagan graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law, passed the Colorado Bar, and soon moved back to to her hometown. She now lives in southeast Denver with her husband, Craig, their rescued German Shorthaired Pointer, and their two lazy cats. Meagan spends her free time camping, hiking, home brewing with Craig, traveling, and cooking.
Meagan belongs to the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, the Colorado Women’s Owned Law Firm (WOLF) organization, the Family Law Section of the CBA, the Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, and the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee. She is committed to helping both her clients and the community through her involvement in many Denver Metro organizations.
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Regis University, 2008
LEGAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Trained and Certified Child & Family Investigator
- Trained and Certified Mediator
- Colorado Divorce and the Treatment of Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Awards, Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s Trial Talk, Oct-Nov 2017
- The Family Tree Inc., Board of Directors
- Project Safeguard, Partner Attorney
- Metro Volunteer Lawyer
- “Legal Night” and LAWLINE 9 Volunteer
- CBA, Modern Law Practice Initiative
- CWBA, Membership Committee
- Junior League of Denver, Public Policy Committee
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce